At Retrieving Independence, we strive to live like our service dogs – we accept and value all people. To this do this, we follow these guiding principles:
- We commit to the equitable treatment of every staff member, volunteer, inmate trainer, potential and current recipients, and of the broader community we serve.
- We commit to show respect and acceptance, with a focus on celebrating the unique perspectives we all bring to the organization.
- We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals.
- We strive to eliminate discrimination in all its forms.
- We vow to use our voice to speak out against injustice and protect those who are under resourced, under-represented, and marginalized.